January 3, 2012

Links at Land's End

Juno played the Links at Land's End golf course today.  Shot a 106, and lost three balls.  (B1, D1, F5)
Almost got the distance achievement, but unfortunately the course is only 121 miles away from the house.

"It was a pretty rough round but still a lot of fun.  I played with my uncle and we played at a nice relaxing pace since the course was pretty empty.  I put up my driver at the fifth hole because it just wasn't working for me today.  I also learned how much visual distractions can affect your swing.  Holes 5-14 feature a big lake in your sight line and the water really affected my focus and aim.  I think I was hooking the ball right subconsciously to avoid slicing into the lake at all costs.  The coolest holes were the 9th and 16th because the green was on a peninsula, which provided a very interesting approach.  The course is definitely worth a road trip."
-Juno

Point totals are up to date as of 1/3/12 and Juno is in the lead with six points.

No comments:

Post a Comment