February 24, 2012

Tangle Ridge Golf Club, Grand Praire, TX

What a day! Phong, Salman, & I played Tangle Ridge today. It's a beautiful and challenging course. Theme for the day seemed to be hitting Juno with golf balls.
On the front nine, Phong sliced a drive and landed near the cart path with a tree to the right of his target line to the pin. I told him, "mind the tree to your right." - "Yeah, don't worry. I got it." Hits his 4 hybrid right into the tree, full speed, and it ricochets right towards my face. I narrowly dodge and the ball slams into the golf cart where my head was.
Later on one of the greens Phong picked up my ball that was in gimme range and he lobs it towards me without warning me. It hits the bill of my hat and I thought the players behind us had hit me with a ball.
On the back nine, Salman pitches from the bottom of a hill, over a bunker, hitting me in the left side of my neck while I was setting up for my putt. Definitely going to have a bruise. I was behind the flag so my neck stopped his ball from bouncing off the green. You're welcome.

Really fun day. Some achievements and we played B.B.B as well.
Phong scored +10pts from B.B.B., shot a 109 (B1, +1pt), and was up-and-down on two holes (G6, +4pts). Nicely played Phong, total of +15pts.
Salman scored +20pts from B.B.B., shot a 104 (B1, +1pt), hit 4 greens in regulation (C1, +5pts), was up-and-down on one hole (G6, +2pts), and lost 4 balls (D1, +1pt). Good job Salman, total of +29pts.

I scored +13pts from B.B.B., shot a 99 (B2, +2pts), hit 5 greens in regulation (C1, +5pts), lost 3 balls (D1, +1pt), and Tangle Ridge was the fifth course in 2012 for me (F1, +10pts).  That's a total of +31pts for me.
We all need to put some serious work to improve our putting.  That's where all most of the strokes were gained.

Also, we need to order the trophy soon. Be sure to leave a comment on this post or on the "Award" post in the forum with your suggestions on what we should name the cup, and what we should get engraved on it. This was the cup I was thinking about getting for the league. General consensus was that the biggest one is the one we want.  $100


Season Point Totals as of 2/24/12

  • Juno: 83 pts
  • Phong: 72 pts
  • Salman: 56 pts
  • Soks: 24 pts
  • Jeremy: 11 pts
  • Tony: 11 pts
  • (i)Patrick: 0 pts
  • (i)Jon: 0 pts
  • (i)Jason: 0 pts
  • (i)Vu: 0 pts

No comments:

Post a Comment