April 22, 2012

Summer Plans!



Making a to-do list is not enough.  Listing all the things you want to accomplish won't get you any closer to your goals, but it's definitely a start.  My biggest problem, and I share this with millions of people, is a lack of follow through.  It applies in life just as much as the golf swing.

I'm taking one class over the summer and so far have no plans to work or do anything else law related so my schedule should be wide open for productivity.  I would definitely like to get back in to the MvC3 world since I'm bored with AE12 and SFxT.  But in terms of serious goals, writing down a detailed list would probably hinder me more than anything.

One approach I've learned works well for me is to start small and appreciate the benefits of taking life one-step-at-a-time.  I don't want to focus too much on a goal like breaking 85; instead my number one goal in golf right now is to generally improve my consistency with my irons.  I'm not making solid contact nearly as often as I would like and I know that inconsistency is causing hesitation and resulting duffed shots.

Another important and general goal for me is to get my house in order.  I want to start next fall with a clean slate and good lighthearted feeling that my responsibilities are taken care of.  I want to create and maintain a home that my family enjoys coming home to and spending time in.  Right now there are so many unfinished projects around the house that it's a constant source of unnecessary stress.

I have a few obligations for school, and I'm going to approach those with my best foot forward.  They aren't really goals - they're tasks that I simply must complete by the end of the summer. 

Lots of books to read, lots of exercising to do,... I'm already looking forward to 8 days from now when I'll be done with finals and can begin my running start into the fall semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment