May 15, 2012

New Club in my Bag!

Nike VR Pro Hybrid
http://cloudimg.globalgolf.com/images/articles/vrpro-hybrid.jpg 
Last night I purchased a Nike VR Pro 3 Hybrid, with a Project X stiff shaft.  I cannot wait.  I've been uncomfortable with my hybrids for a while now because they're the only clubs in my bag that are regular flex, and going back and forth between flexes throws me off (even if it's just a mental thing).  The Fujikura shafts on my Cobra Baffler-H hybrids are way too soft.  You can bend them to an extreme degree just by placing the club on the ground.  So instead of spending over $100 reshafting, I decided to get a new hybrid to replace the 4h in my bag.  I pulled the 3h out a while ago.   

The Cobra 4h that I currently hit is a 22 degree, and the Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid is a 21 degree club.  I'm definitely going to get some extra distance with it being a bit longer than the Baffler but I'm hoping I'll still be consistent with it.  Got an awesome deal on globalgolf.com since they have a running 25% off coupon for used left handed clubs.

Here are some reviews from websites that I frequent.
MyGolfSpy

No comments:

Post a Comment