June 4, 2012

Breaking Ninety!

Level Up!  I did it!  Shot an 87 yesterday at Plantation Golf Club in Frisco!  The course was awesome.  I played with Salman and Patrick.  Despite the heat and the long drive it was a fun round of golf with some crazy moments and lucky bounces.
Salman's arch nemeses, the trees, got in his way a few times but overall his ball striking was better than ever.  He's been reworking his swing mechanics and the changes are insane.  He's definitely the longest hitter in the group.
 My round started off great with a 4 over par 40 on the front nine.  Unfortunately, I was so excited about playing well on the front nine that I put a lot of unnecessary pressure on myself to play just as well on the back nine.  That pretty much ruined my focus and I blew up on the back nine with an eleven over 47.  Oh wells.  At least now I know I have the ability to shoot low 80s, as long as I can keep my mental game in check.  Next goal is to break 85!  Need to work on putting and bunker saves.

1 comment: