June 28, 2012

The Golf Club at Twin Creeks

Played a round yesterday morning with Phong and two schoolmates.  We played at Twin Creeks in Allen, TX.  That course was TERRIBLE.  I thought the customer service at Lake Arlington was bad, but the woman selling the food at Twin Creeks takes the cake.  The course is within a community of fancy 1 to 3 million dollar homes.  You'd think the course would be in pristine condition but it was by far the ugliest golf course I have seen so far.  
The thing I was most worried about before our round was the forecasted 104 degree heat, but lucky for us it wasn't too bad at all.  The first nine holes were actually perfect weather, but that's about the only thing that held up for me that morning.  I ate some super spicy Thai food the night before and I felt super uncomfortable the next morning.  Slept about two hours, woke up about an hour before the round expecting a 40 minute drive with about 20 minutes to warm up.  Unfortunately, the drive took 56 minutes!  So I arrived late, had no warmup, stomach wasn't feelin right, and all of that combined with an ugly view for 18 consecutive holes made for a super crappy golfing experience.  At about the 11th hole I was ready to go home.  My head wasn't in the game and I was just hitting the ball to send it forward without any purpose or enjoyment.  During the last half of the round my only thought was "I can't believe I drove an hour and spent money to play here."  I lost every single ball in my bag, left two brush tees in the two different tee boxes, and ate the most garbage ham sandwich.  Still managed to scrounge together a 95, but that score doesn't reflect just how bad I played.  My fairway wood was a consistent 20 yard chunk, followed by a 200 yard pull about 50 yards to the right of the green.  It's difficult to enjoy yourself when you keep losing balls in weeds around the fairways and have to putt around crab grass on the greens.  The bunkers were solid dirt that barely passes for sand.

One star to The Golf Club at Twin Creeks.  Whoever the groundskeeper is for that course should be ashamed of himself.  Golf season started months ago, no excuse for such poor landscaping this far into the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment