August 19, 2012

The Eagle Has Landed!

Salman, Soks, Mr. Browne, & I played Prairie Lakes yesterday.  The rain really picked up around the 7th hole.  We had to stop after playing the 10th because the rain was coming down sideways and we were freezing (in the middle of summer!).
It was truly unfortunate that we couldn't finish the round.  Salman was on pace to shoot a great score.  He shot a six over forty-two on the front nine after a birdie and his first eagle!  The shot was right out of a PGA highlight reel.  It was roughly a one hundred yard approach shot, his ball hits a hill off the green and trickles down towards the flag and finds the bottom of the cup.  Great shot Salman!
Soks was playing playing like a beast.  He was on pace to shaving over 15 strokes from his first round score.  His ball striking never looked better and his play only suffered after the rain started picking up. 
I lucked out, because I couldn't hit a single drive onto the fairway.  I've been struggling with my driver far right the last three rounds.  It's gotten to the point where I'm very confident hitting the ball around, above, and under trees on my second shots.  But having to maneuver my way out of the woods on every hole is not how I want to spend my weekends.  Need take the driver back to the driving range and figure out what changed in the last month.  Pretty sure I'm releasing the club head way too early and focusing too much on hitting the ball instead of swinging through it.  Glad I didn't have to finish that around after being nine over after the front nine.

Congrats again Salman!  Be sure to give him props when you see him. 
Salman is now the second player in the gang to hole an approach shot at 100 yards.  Phong did the same a few months ago at the Winstar course in Oklahoma.

Practice your putting,
-juno

1 comment: