September 19, 2012

Three Rounds in Six Days!

I want to start this off by thanking my wonderful wife, for letting me play so much golf in such a short amount of time.  What a gift!  Feels like Christmas came early for me this year!
Last Thursday I played the Creeks course at Indian Creek with Phong.  Saturday I played the Red and White at Prairie Lakes with Salman and Soks.  Tuesday morning I played Tierra Verde in Arlington with Salman.  What a week!

How I felt after 54 holes
Tierra Verde was phenomenal.  It isn't quite as nice as Twin Lakes in Canton, but the two courses are so different that comparing them isn't really fair.  Tierra Verde has an amazing layout.  You NEVER see any other holes than the one you're playing on.  They're all divided by very dense tree lines so you never see any other golfers other than the group directly ahead of you and the group behind you.  The landscaping was absolutely beautiful.  Fairways were extremely well taken care of, rough was cut perfectly, greens were near flawless.  That being said, I think Tierra Verde is probably the most difficult course I've ever played.  I've never seen such drastic elevation changes and there were so many blind shots into the fairways.  If there was one thing I had to criticize about TV it would be that.  I think this course really needs GPS on the carts.  Luckily, Salman and I were paired up with two really nice guys who knew the layout well.  It was a very enjoyable round and a perfect ending to such a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment