August 8, 2013

THE EAGLE ALMOST LANDED!!!

Played Country View GC in Lancaster, TX today.  It was a scorcher.  Felt like the temp was easily 105*F.  Thomas and I thought that maybe if we started our round early the heat wouldn't be too bad until the end of the round.  Nope.  Texas summer is here in full effect.  I'm dealing with a bit of a cold right now, so the heat and sunshine was actually pretty nice to be in.  Got a good sweat going and felt a lot better after a few holes.

The round was pretty decent.  Thomas was just practicing today so he didn't keep score but he played very well on the back nine.  I actually don't know how to feel about my round because despite almost breaking 80 again I felt like I played pretty poorly.  For the most part it was all bogies and double bogies.  I think I carded three double bogies and several bogies with only a few pars.  What really saved my round were back-to-back birds on both the front and the back nine.  If I didn't get those four -1s the round could've really gotten out of hand.  I had a few errant drives but honestly my ball striking just wasn't very good today.

Still had a blast tho!  Score doesn't/shouldn't dictate how much fun you have, but it would've been nice to shoot another sub-80 round, especially with 4 birds.  That's the most I've had in a single round to date so that alone was a big victory for me.  Ended the day with an 81 and my first almost-eagle putt.  There was a super narrow 393 yard par 5(I know right? Short. But I'll take it!) and I knew if I crushed it straight down the line off the tee that I could give myself a good look at eagle.  Ended up drilling it down the pipe about 290 something yards and had an easy wedge into the green.  Ball stopped about twelve feet from the cup and I missed my eagle putt by half an inch!  Here's the footage; Thomas is sporting the navy blue Puma gear:




I don't know what's going on with my camera today. I think it's time for a new one. All our footage looked like it was from the 1970s. I think the lens is busted too because there were some squiggly lines cutting across the entire picture.  At first I thought it was just the display in the back, but obviously not. Might've been the crazy heat...?

No comments:

Post a Comment