September 12, 2013

Stevens Park in Dallas and Peer Pressure

Peer Pressure...
I was going to take two weeks off to rest up and spend some time on the range, but looks like I might be playing sooner than expected...

Played a round with three buds from school last Monday.  We played the Stevens Park Golf Course in Dallas.  It was a really fun round but also a brutal physical challenge.  Stevens Park is probably the most hilly golf course in the area.  Tons of elevation changes and very steep hills.  We walked the course and combining the heat with the uphill and downhill treks we were all experiencing some heavy cramping towards the tail end of the round.  Despite the workout it was a blast.  Had some good laughs and saw my buddy Will one hop it into the cup from off the green!  
Made another video and spotted a few things in my swing that I need to fix.  The biggest thing being the difference between my iron and driver tempos.  My irons are pretty controlled and I'm balanced after the ball leaves.  My driver is still pulling right and still too rough. 
I'm gonna start working on creating more of an in-to-out club path again next time I go to the range.  If I get it under control I should be able to shave a few strokes pretty soon.  I feel like my long range game is putting me in positions where I'm forced to (unsuccessfully) get up and down instead of comfortably(read:unsuccessfully) two putting for pars.  Putting was decent on Monday, short game was awful, but luckily Stevens Park is pretty short and I was able to take advantage of the par 5s to make up for my doo-doo play on the 4s and 3s.

Enjoy the vid!


No comments:

Post a Comment