October 7, 2013

Diagnosis: GIR Deficiency

If it ain't one thing, it's another.  Right?  That's why we love this game.  There's always something to tinker with and no matter how good we swing one day we always want to do better the next.  

100 Balls, 100 Divots
I went to the range today and only brought 8-iron and below.  My goal was to work on my accuracy from 160 yards and in.  Ruining perfectly good tee shots by constantly missing the green is getting a little old.  My goal at the range up to now has always been to flush it and make good contact.  This strategy helped a lot with distance and basics but I want to take my game to the next level.  I need to start sticking my approaches closer to the pins.  At least get them stopping somewhere on the dance floor.  Even if I leave myself a lengthy putt, it's better than hitting a wedge from an awkward distance.  Right now, pretty much every hole my inner monologue goes a little something like this, "No problem Juno, you can get up-and-down from here for par/bogey/double..."  
Nice form, but ball's still on the tee.
Luckily I'm not fighting the pull as much as I was last month.  Moving the ball back in my stance was a really good decision.  I'm also setting up with much less forward press at address.  Hopefully getting more comfortable with these changes will improve my accuracy and we can get back to breaking records.

Salman played a round at the Stonetree Golf Course in Killeen, TX.  He said the course was gorgeous but he had to play on super fast greens because the course hosted a tournament earlier in the day.  The layout reminded him a bit of The Resort in Fort Worth.  Still did well despite the green speeds and shot a solid 44 on the back nine.  He scored his lowest round for 2013.  Looks like someone's game is coming along nicely!

4 comments:

  1. Cool blog! Big D Golf is a DFW based golf company. We would love to cross promote with Lordsofthelinks. Give us a shout at customerservice@bigdgolf.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you photoshop the ball out of that picture lol?

    ReplyDelete