October 2, 2013

Muddy Round at Grand Oaks in Grand Prairie



Heavy rain all week = twilight prices at Grand Oaks, in Grand Prairie, and SUPER MUDDY GOLF SHOES!
Played Grand Oaks a couple weeks ago with dad, Soks, and Salman.   Fun round as usual with dad and my dudes.  Big congratulations are in order for Soks who shot his lowest round to date!
The course was very muddy that day after heavy rains throughout the week.  It didn't really pose too much of a problem with play, but they said cart path only for the carts.  Dad, Soks, and Salman rode carts and I walked it.  Really annoyed that I didn't get Salman getting stuck in the mud on camera!  That was pretty funny.  Cart path only means cart path only, buddy. 
The round was the usual affair for me.  Garbage front nine and pretty good back nine.  I didn't get to implement the work I put in to fix the pull in this round, but I'm happy to report that I did kinda fix the pull. (For now... I think?)
Last post I talked about how I assumed I was swinging out-to-in but I had a hard time fixing it with that thought because I already kinda feel like I do attack the ball from the inside'ish. Nevertheless, I tried a drill that Ted shared with me on Twitter and still managed to pull a few shots with my driver with the stick in the way.  Then I remembered the tip in my last post that said ball position can cause a pull.  I took my swing to the range again and just moved my ball back closer to center on all my clubs aaaaaaand VoilĂ ! Problem Solved!  Moving the ball back straightened pretty much all my shots out, most significantly the driver.  Huge relief for me because big changes in mechanics are a pain, especially when you're feeling really comfortable with how you're swinging it.  

...Now if only I can find a line of text that will help me putt better.

No comments:

Post a Comment