October 20, 2013

I Miss Breaking Bad

No golf related post today.  It's Sunday.  A Sunday without Breaking Bad.  Last few years there were lots of Sundays without Breaking Bad; but at the end of that Sunday, you knew something.  You knew you were one Sunday closer to the next season.
All Hail The King
Those days are no more.  Never again will I wonder what happens next with Walt and Jesse.  Never again will I hope that someone tells Marie or Skylar off in the next episode.  Never again will I wonder if Walt Jr. stumbles (no pun intended. Seriously.) across his father's empire and joins him, showing an aptitude for chemistry the likes of which the world had never seen before. 
I love you Bryan Cranston.  Is that weird?  No it is not.
It really was the best thing I've ever watched on a screen of any size.  And I seriously hope that some day I'll find a show that I enjoy as much as I did Breaking Bad; I doubt it. And so do you.  The Bryan-Cranston's-head-shaped void left in our hearts will probably forever go unfilled.  The acting was incredible, the pacing was perfect, and don't even get me started on how amazing the writing and directing was.  To me, Breaking Bad was the most perfect form of non-interactive entertainment ever produced by man.  Unless Vince Gilligan turns out to be some kind of meta-human, which would explain a lot.

In case you're in the same predicament I am--floating in limbo wondering what to do with your life--here's my plan for the future with some other info that I'd like to share as we mourn the loss of our dearly beloved show:

  • My Top 5 Favorites of All Time:
    1. Breaking Bad
    2. Archer
    3. Game of Thrones
    4. Modern Family
    5. Doctor Who
  •  I've been told that Sons of Anarchy and Scandal are very good.  I might check them out once I'm done grieving.
  • I plan on spending the entire month of October revamping myself as a morning person.  My goal is to rise & shine at 5am every day.
    • So far, not happenin'.  So this plan might eventually include November as well.
  • Golf is still awesome and you can use it to wear yourself out Sunday afternoon to justify sleeping early to avoid the times that remind you of Breaking Bad.
  • Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is also awesome and can be paired up with a regular strength & conditioning routine to help with the going to bed and waking up early plan.
  • Video Games.
  • Lastly, if distracting yourself by trying new forms of entertainment just isn't working out for you:

No comments:

Post a Comment