August 12, 2020

How to Hit Driver Straight, by Danny Maude

I saw this video by Danny Maude, and it was like he made this video just for me.  I've been hitting driver pretty well in the last month but I still feel like it's one of my two most inconsistent clubs.  The other one being the new three hybrid I'm still getting used to.  This video addresses exactly what I've been feeling before impact.  I'm rolling my hands to try and steer the club face.  Watched this vid a few times and can't wait to work on it.  What's funny is the same day I saw this video I actually did what Danny says to on my last swing but completely by accident.  I remember trying to see what would happen if I swung at the ball 100%, and doing so made it impossible to roll the wrist and I just pulled the grip through the ball.  Ball went dead straight and super far.  

Probably not going to play driver when we play this weekend at Sugar Tree because the course is pretty short and the holes where I could play driver the risk is just too much.  I want to make my first round of 2020 a good one by focusing on course management and staying in play.



No comments:

Post a Comment